Paul English, PHD, MPH
Branch Science Advisor. Current interests include health effects of climate change, traffic exposure assessment, biomonitoring, spatial patterns of disease and environmental contaminants, and environmental health surveillance.
Reports / Articles
- An Introductory Guide to Disease Mapping. (Book Review)
- California's New Environmental Health Tracking Programs
- Changes in the spatial pattern of low birth weight in a southern California County: The role of individual and neighborhood level factors
- Childhood asthma at the U.S./Mexico border: Trends in hospitalizations and air quality for two California counties.
- Examining associations between childhood asthma and traffic flow using a geographic information system.
- Health effects of 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin and related compounds
- Hierarchical modeling of spatio-temporally misaligned data: Relating traffic density to pediatric asthma hospitalizations.
- Maternal Residence Near Agricultural Pesticide Applications and Autism Spectrum Disorders Among Children in the California Central Valley
- Parental and birth characteristics in relation to testicular cancer risk among males born between 1960 and 1995 in California (United States).
- Pesticide Use in California: US/Mexico Border Region, Final Report
- Pregnancy outcomes in Mexican and U.S.-born Hispanics
- Progress in Pediatric Asthma Surveillance I: The Application of Health Care Use Data in Alameda County, California
- Progress in Pediatric Asthma Surveillance II: Geospatial Patterns of Asthma in Alameda County, California
- Public Health Impacts of Climate Change in California: Community Vulnerability Assessments and Adaptation Strategies
- Soil sampling at schools in Imperial County, California
- The California Environmental Health Tracking Program: New Online GIS Tools for Investigating Diseases and the Environment
- Agricultural Burning: Air Monitoring and Exposure Reduction in Imperial County
- California Environmental Health Tracking Program (CEHTP)
- Childhood Asthma in the U.S.-Mexico Border Region: Trends in Hospitalizations and Air Quality
- Geographic Information System (GIS) for the Border Region
- Historic Maps for Traffic Studies
- Urinary Pesticide Metabolites Study
Topics of Interest
- Border Region , Environmental Health Indicators , Environmental Health Tracking , Heat-Related Illness , Pesticides , Testicular Cancer , Traffic Exhaust Pollutants